Invisalign clear aligners are the comfortable, removable, and virtually invisible way to get the smile of your dreams.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a convenient, removable tooth straightening system that uses clear aligners that fit comfortably over your teeth to guide them to their new locations. After your consultation with Dr. Feinstein, your aligner trays will be custom-created to meet your needs. Each set of aligners will be designed to achieve a certain tooth movement. You’ll simply wear each set of aligners for 22 hours a day for 7-14 days before moving on to the next set of aligners in your series.
Is Invisalign available to young kids and teenagers?
Yes! Invisalign First is specially designed for our youngest patients with lots of baby teeth and growing mouths. Dr. Feinstein’s experience and training make her uniquely able to provide Invisalign for young kids.
Invisalign teen aligners allow teenagers to eat all their favorite foods, celebrate birthdays, proms, and other special events in style while correcting their teeth alignment at the same time.
There are many benefits to using Invisalign, including:
- Increased comfort – the trays are made of smooth, BPA-free plastic. There are no brackets or wires to irritate the inside of your mouth, and no adjustment appointments to cause discomfort.
- Removable – the aligners are designed to be removed when you eat, drink, brush and floss. That means no skipping your favorite foods during treatment, and you don’t have to dedicate extra time to brushing and flossing around brackets and wires.
- Virtually invisible – the trays are made of a clear plastic that renders them almost invisible in your mouth so you won’t draw more attention to the issue you are correcting.
- Cost-effective – Our Invisalign costs are very similar to those of traditional metal brackets, making them more affordable than you may have experienced in the past or with other providers.
- Fewer office visits – Invisalign doesn’t require many adjustment appointments, so you’ll spend less time in our office and more time living your life.
What if I start with Invisalign and realize it isn’t right for me or my child?
A positive patient experience is our priority. If you decide that Invisalign is not right for you within the first month of treatment, you can switch to braces without any additional fees.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses custom aligners made out of a patented thermoplastic called SmartTrack. These thin, clear aligners fit snugly over the teeth. Dr. Feinstein creates a fully digitized treatment plan that will map out the exact movements of your teeth. Each set of aligners will be calibrated to help your teeth achieve a specific movement. This is why it is crucial to wear your aligners in the order they are given, and for the correct amount of time. Your aligners are designed just for you and will apply the right pressure at the right time during your treatment to help you achieve your ideal smile.
Is Invisalign right for me?
The best way to know if you are a candidate for Invisalign is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Feinstein.
My teen is interested in Invisalign, but I’m worried they won’t wear their aligners properly.
We have good news for parents who may be worried about their teen wearing their aligners properly. Invisalign Teen has a built-in compliance system, so you and your child’s orthodontist can tell if your child is wearing the aligners for the correct amount of time. Discreet blue dots fade over time as the aligners are worn. So, if your teen is ready to switch to a new aligner set, check the current one to make sure the dots are no longer visible.
Do I really have to take my aligners out to eat and drink?
Yes. If eating or drinking anything other than plain water, it is important to always remove your aligners. Eating or drinking sugary drinks with your aligners can stain your teeth and cause cavities. Changes in temperatures from hot beverages can warp the plastic of the aligners. Eating with them can also scratch and damage them. Keep an aligner carrying case with you so you can discreetly pop the aligners out and have a safe place to keep them while eating.
How do I clean my aligners?
You can use the Invisalign cleaning system to keep the aligners fresh. However, you can also use the tools you have at home to keep them clean. Once a day, you can brush your aligners using a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear, antibacterial soap.